Re: [Tigers] Pulley Line-up

To: "'robert jaarsma'" <64venezia@gmail.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pulley Line-up
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 09:52:46 -0400
Robert
        When I converted to an alternator system I used a 60s style
alternator and built my own bracket.  A different alternator would require
changing dimensions of that bracket to make your alternator fit and line up
correctly.

Some of the Ford alternator pulleys have a spacer on the alternator shaft.
Is this possible for your alternator?

Unfortunately you never know when Factory tolerances will stack up against
you and when you change parts it happens more often.

I believe the offset fan belts will tolerate is about 1/8" per foot of
distance.  A fan belt web site should list that information to check my
statement.  I personally prefer as little offset as possible.

I would not expect the white wire to smoke unless the ballast resistor
shorted to ground but you also need to check the white/blue wire for a
problem.

Ron Fraser