Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake fluid

To: garywinblad@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Castrol brake fluid
From: Rollright@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 16:12:53 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Full-name: Rollright
That's cool Gary. I'm 65, had my Tiger since 1976 and never heard of
"Amber"

jim

In a message dated 7/15/2013 3:58:42 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
garywinblad@comcast.net writes:

It  sounds like most have forgotten that GT LMA was the new fangled stuff
that  we had to use when the original correct  Castrol "Amber" fluid was
gone..
If this old codger remembers  correctly...

Gary

----- Original Message  -----  From: Rollright@aol.com  To:
tigers@autox.team.net  Sent: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 19:21:48 -0000  (UTC)  Subject:
[Tigers]
Castrol brake  fluid    Hello,     Thank you Kirk for  getting to the bottom of
it. And thanks for  telling  us.        Jim  Armstrong  Mk  1A    382002083
 LRXFE      Message:  1  Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 13:00:59 -0700  From:
"Kirk  Smith"  To:    Subject:  Re: [Tigers] Castrol  brake  fluid  Message-ID:

<000001ce80cc$dc7b60c0$95722240$@net>  Content-Type:  text/plain;
charset=US-ASCII    Jim,    Some  of the online pictures might be  old.  The
new
Castrol  Brake Fluid DOT   4  has a higher boiling point  than  the old Castrol
GT LMA, and I think they  wanted to  differentiate it from the  old stuff,
so they changed the  name.  I  ordered the new stuff, and,  although  not in
the title, the description on  the back of the  container  states it is Low
Moisture  Absorption.  So,  basically the same, just  a  higher  boiling
 tigers@autox.team.net    Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive  Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/garywinblad@comcast.net