[Tigers] Idle stop...my thoughts

To: "Tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Idle stop...my thoughts
From: David and Varley Tweddle <davidandvarley@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 10:06:09 +0800 FILETIME=[5D224940:01CE8812]
Engine stop vs idling.

I've pondered how this could be better...

on a modern car they are efi and don't heat soak quickly or start hard when
hotthey don't have Lucas electricsthey do have good alternators, new wiring
(all be it light weight),they are not meant to last an overly long time....not
like our near 50 year old Tigers.
I have had a recent trip in a Landrover Freeloader and it was most
annoying....the vehicle owner eventually turned it off!!

In stop go traffic in Perth WA on a 40c day I'm not sure even a modern "auto
turn off at the traffic lights" would keep you cool!

Not a fan!

Cheers
David...alias Tiger_DFT
.