Re: [Tigers] Idle stop...my thoughts

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, "'David and Varley Tweddle'" <davidandvarley@hotmail.com>, "'Tigers@autox.team.net'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Idle stop...my thoughts
From: "Will Seay" <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 11:26:26 -0400
X_cmae_category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined a=VHR75LDRdwNiv49K1R9BLQ==:117 a=VHR75LDRdwNiv49K1R9BLQ==:17 a=K-v-2zaBAAAA:8 a=pQGYzAqUDYkA:10 a=1poGYrevpj8A:10 a=kj9zAlcOel0A:10 a=1oqGTYSLAAAA:8 a=8A7brI4kjU8C6ETGAX3PRdgeao0=:19 a=cKOtnV9WhWYA:10 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=UnzTgHv9AAAA:8 a=oCcaPWc0AAAA:8 a=zzw2MATLvhxOvW0eyFsA:9 a=kXuFw-KiFTAgtDF7:21 a=2yk1P9da9ixhVbnm:21 a=CjuIK1q_8ugA:10 a=J0aUVQLP0FIA:10 a=m3MdUl94G8cA:10 a=cvn8laQl214A:10 a=a0o1xVR2z_QA:10 a=GED_LIiEBe0A:10
My Boxster (not a hybrid) has an auto off mode.  My dealer recommended that I
disable it - said that on the 6-speed manual cars that it drove most drivers
nuts.  I thought I would give it a try anyway.  The auto off cuts in (cuts out?)
when the car is stopped, in neutral, clutch out, with brake applied.  I had
gotten in the habit of putting the car in neutral and letting the clutch out to
avoid holding the bear-trap clutch in on the Tiger so this didn't require too
much of a change to my driving habits.  The engine starts back up when you push
the clutch back in.  Don't know if it engages the starter or not, but I don't
hear any starter noise.  The auto off will not cut in if there is a demand for
the A/C.  If the A/C compressor is on, the auto off doesn't cut in.  If the
engine is off, the auto-off function will restart the engine if there is a
demand for the compressor.  That last part requires a bit of getting used to -
you can be sitting at a stop light with engine off and all of a sudden the
engine spontaneously starts up to run the A/C.  I'm still getting used to that.

Will Seay_____________
wseay@embarqmail.com
"I think not therefore I am not" (anon)