Re: [Tigers] Pertronix / MSD Coil

To: "'Thomas Witt'" <atwittsend@verizon.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Pertronix / MSD Coil
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 08:45:54 -0400
Tom
        I think you need to talk to Pertronix about your situation or go to
their web site to see what they say.  You may also want to check the MSD web
site to see if they show your combination and how to install it correctly.

        Some of this is determined by which Pertronix module you are going
to use.  I have a Pertronix I unit with a ballast resistor. This is the way
the Pertronix installation instructions show to install this unit.  The
instructions also state that the voltage to the Pertronix I unit can not be
less than 6V with the ballast resistor.

        I believe the Pertonix II and III modules require a constant 12V to
operate correctly; no ballast resistor.  This is where you need the Pertonix
instructions to confirm that statement.

Ron Fraser