Re: [Tigers] TIGER Timing Chain Cover

To: John Crawley <alittlemoreink@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TIGER Timing Chain Cover
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2013 23:00:36 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
John, I suspect you'll hear a lot from the group on this one... The timing
cover on the 260 was different than the one on the 289 (mine is a 6-bolt
289; the 5-bolt 289 may have used the 260 timing cover. Ron Frasier will
know...). The issue is Ford changed water pumps when they changed timing
covers. Rick at Sunbeam Specialties lists only the late timing cover; if
you use that one you may (probably will) have to change water pumps also,
since you say yours is from the original 260.  NPD carries both timing
covers in their Mustang catalog.

Tom
'67 Mark 2