Re: [Tigers] Reduced diameter water pump pulley

To: owain lloyd <owain.lloyd@gmail.com> s=q20121106; t=1381190794; bh=t2UquA0bXBQbQ/+FLVfxR7xy7PBXzSkZls5+PM/A9OA=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=XSur5D4bGwXB57tlsmBxtBxK+DP8RJeFNnXv8PN92VkvCAD285y9IbE0H7+55t8EV vn/6p7Xdi1zYMYZI5YsCXGSTcmYCpeDJR9zuv6TIc7zKgyXKczjg7H4RhWZ96Fv4jk Qx58/Tizcdxrrxs0mxO4jo/zxVXX8hCJ/4orrFwDZopCPZn9oO138UP1Tb3ESYOI1K zNRXtEGkaot8f4m5uyVM0rHZmBO7MaJj+mWRCU/1gpLQx5Ja7TQvTXz2bml6jVuH8t etm92TmXA7Ef9I6Dg2qpY832g8IK9EBq0mmXLgk9Pi1hXY9AvqPOeyGqRZ6728o8lK Ge4+JhLbo5V1g==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Reduced diameter water pump pulley
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2013 00:06:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Hi Owain,

I see Michael has already posted the main part of the answer. I would just add
that there were positive results from such a change in the in-depth cooling
study a few years ago that is posted on the TE/AE website.
http://teae.org/cooling-the-tiger/ Somewhere deep in the study they report
positive results with conclusions similar to Michael's.

Anecdotely speaking, I would say my Fairmont pulley has been helpful. I have
heard others who have used it report similar favorable results. That, along
with running the engine distributor vacuum advance off manifold vacuum instead
of ported vacuum and a six bladed fan have been especially helpful for me with
the idle and low speed cooling. And that was after putting in a recored
radiator.

Gene