Re: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning

To: "'Bill Rogers'" <milward@roadrunner.com>, "'Tigers'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Spares Provisioning
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 17:28:45 -0500
Bill
        Bill you got a good number of spare suggestions.  I carry a small
box with a few hydraulic rebuild kits with a few cotter pins and small nuts
and bolts - never had to use any of the kits but just in case, fan belt,
throttle cable, scissors jack and extra tools, 1/2 gal jug of coolant, some
oil and brake fluid.  I think I would also suggest some rubber fuel line and
a spare fuel filter.

        For the trip to SUNI in Big Sky, the last spare I threw in was a
spare coil.  I took a side trip into the Big Horn mountains and part way in
the engine went silent.  I was luckily at a scenic overlook and pulled right
in, opened the hood and let the engine cool.  I figured either the fuel or
the spark died.  I checked the fuel first - OK.  Pulled the spare Ford
Yellow top coil out; used 2 jumper wires to connect it and the engine fire
right up.  Drove to the nearest Town, Buffalo Wyoming and bought another
coil to mount in properly.  I also had a throttle cable break at Big Sky,
the voltage regulator acted up on the way home, a misfire at altitude and
the right outside mirror glass fell out for some reason around the Little
Big Horn area.  I think Gen. Custer's ghost needed a mirror and swiped it.
The voltage regulator got an alternator conversion.  Misfires can happen
with altitude, I just turned around and went down to clear that.

So spare coil and spark plugs

Have a great trip and may nothing go wrong for you.

Ron Fraser