Re: [Tigers] Tiger for sale

To: Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger for sale
From: Cullen1972 <cmccann1972@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 19:28:54 -0600
Cc: "<tigers@autox.team.net>" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Well, your right Tom, I have no idea why I saw that. I confused myself.

Sent from my iPhone.

> On Dec 28, 2013, at 5:23 PM, "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net> wrote:
>
> Hummm..., I just looked shortly after this email arrived and the car is
still there (56 bids - $34,100) 3:20PM, Saturday Dec, 28th).  I checked the
Registry and it shows up as having been noted in August,1984 in Southfield,
MI.  There is no TAC as the ebay ad stated.  While there may be explanations
for the questionable aspects, it seems wise to make notice of them.  And, if
someone in the know can verify the car then all the better for the buyers
piece of mind.

>> Whoops, eBay ad has been removed. Either he sold the car, or possibly the
owner is on this list and has been keeping up with all this scrutiny?

>> Cullen
>> TAC 840
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone.
>>
>>> On Dec 27, 2013, at 10:32 PM, jay.laifman@gmail.com wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> Yes, I know full well that is an Alpine box. I should have put a smilie on
my post!  That was always a pet peeve of my dad's.

>>> I'd point out that while I do believe someone with a Mk 1 Tiger could
decide to move their fuel pump, and then build a battery box where the Alpine
had it, if someone did that, there is no way that it would look aged and
original like it does in that picture - painted faded red.

>>> I also thought it was funny how the seller seemed to suggest it being a
novel idea.

>>> And, yes, I could also see that if someone did move the battery out of the
trunk, it would make sense to prop up the spare tire like an Alpine. It really
makes for more room.

>>> As to the heat on the battery, in most cars I've seen, the battery is
forward of the engine.  So air flow from even the fan will keep heat moving
away from the radiator.  But to have the heat of the pipe going straight up to
the battery seems more extreme.  But the honorable Dr. makes a good point. On
the other hand, we do know that heat there causes fuel pump problems.

>>> I can see the larger fender supports.  I figure if there was a Tiger used
for creating this car, they'd cut out the transmission cover and weld it in -
bringing the spark plug hole with. So do those look like original rivets?
:-)

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/cmccann1972@gmail.com