Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket

To: wseay <wseay@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Throttle bracket
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 17:28:04 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
I tried what Will suggested years ago, and the throttle cable bracket
didn't line up with the throttle; it was off towards the center of the
engine by about an inch with the pin in the throttle cable pointing
outboard.. even more with it pointed in. This was with a Holly 6150 on an
Edelbrock manifold, but I checked the location on the original 2BBL
manifold, the mounts are in the same location and the 2BBL carb is the same
width as the 4BBl. (and the P/O had discarded the throttle cable and
bracket in favor of a piece of coat hanger so the original parts were long
gone.) So I fabricated a mount off the carb rear bolt for the replacement
throttle cable as a temporary fix until I could locate a bracket.

I'm inclined to think the bracket was included on the original manifold (as
one part number) as was previously suggested.

Tom
'67 Mark 2