Re: [Tigers] Mk 2 trim

To: Rollright@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk 2 trim
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 12:48:42 -0700
Cc: Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
I looked into that spray chrome he had.  At least from what I was told, it
doesn't work as well as shown, and can't really be found anymore.

As to custom parts, I realize that at some point the price of some parts
seem to make sense for someone to reproduce them.  However, I also know
that in the Porsche 356 world, where cars go for well over $100,000 and in
some cases multiple times that for basically the same car but with less
roof, there has been a pretty large drop off in parts available.  The
general consensus is that even though the cars are so valuable, there are
very few cars remaining that are unrestored.  So the potential for demand
from future restorations is seen as low.  Also, the number of these cars
that actually get driven enough to wear out parts, like when they were
"real" cars, driven regularly, has also dropped even more dramatically. So
a lot of the parts manufacturers are turning elsewhere, or making much
lower quality parts.

Just a ray of cheery sunlight for your day.

Jay