Re: [Tigers] Mk 2 trim

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mk 2 trim
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 16:15:44 -0400
Cc: Rollright@aol.com, Tiger's Den <tigers@autox.team.net>
Jay, Jim, Group: My original post (I think) got lost in the shuffle.

An auction on EBay closed today for Mark 2 Tiger Wheel Arch Trim. The going
price was @ $8,500 which, to me as a Mark 2 owner is totally out of sight.

We've reached the point, I think, where some enterprising fabricator can
make the part at a reasonable price and expect a reasonable profit. The
problem - for me - is these guys are hard to find.

So help me out, so I can help out the community. Yeah, I'm willing to
invest a reasonable sum to have some made - one set for me, some to sell at
a more reasonable price.  Clearly marked as "Reproductions - "x" available
at $??? a set."  There are about 350 Mark 2's identified in Norm's list,
there are a dozen or so interested folks tracking the trim when it show up
on EBay.

Does anybody have a shop or know of a shop that can make rolled stainless
steel trim?

Tom
'67 Mark 2