[Tigers] Dipstick (the item, not the derogatory term)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Dipstick (the item, not the derogatory term)
From: <awtiger@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 10:53:19 -0400
Hey, guys:

Got a question about dipsticks for 260 Tigers.  Since my 260 came from a '64
Fairlane, the dipstick has a longish handle that sticks upward, sort of like an
extension of the dipstick itself.  I figure that handle configuration will foul
the hood when it is in the down position.  I've looked at old roadtest pics of
Tigers back in the day and have seen two configurations of dipsticks, both on
what must be early Mk1s; one has the short loop handle on it and the other has
the same handle that mine has only it is bent downward to lay flat across the
front of the generator.  Does anyone know if there was any ryhme or reason to
which dipstick is correct for the Tiger?  Did Ford maybe use whatever they had
in stock at the time, thereby making either one acceptable from an originality
standpoint?

BTW...if it helps, my engine batch # is B19KC.  One other thing, just in case
it matters...I am planning on running the LAT-2 Engine Dress-Up kit, which
means that the dipstick handle would need to be of the chromed variety.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK