Re: [Tigers] Cowl screw

To: "'Jim McLaughlin'" <jimmc13@socket.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>, "'Alex Haugland'" <ahauglan@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Cowl screw
From: Wayne Pierzga <w_pierzga@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2014 15:29:57 -0400
Actually....  The screw is indeed Phillips head. And is normally 'black'.
The easiest way to achieve the finish is to clean the screw, polish a bit
then dip in 'gun-blue' let it dry and buff. Might have to dip-buff a few
times to get a near black finish.

Should be able to get gun-barrel bluing at a local outdoors shop for a few
bucks.

Wayne