Re: [Tigers] tiger radiator

To: "genepadgett@comcast.net" <genepadgett@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] tiger radiator
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 14:08:56 -0400
Cc: LIST TIGER <tigers@autox.team.net>
A little late with this response. Sorry, Gmail issues...

I visited with Benji at Griffin to discuss the new electric fan / radiator
combo. From their engineering drawings the fan adds another @ 2 1/2" on the
engine side of the radiator, My Tiger has less than an inch clearance
between the tip of the water pump and the radiator core. I suspect that's
about right, I might be able to finagle another half inch or so by horsing
the engine back, but no more (and I'm not gonna try it...).

So my impression is the electric fan won't fit with the engine driven water
pump installed. It MAY fit with an electric water pump, but that comes with
issues; the 6 bolt 289 uses a different pump than the 5 bolt 260 / 289. I
haven't looked into electric pumps so I don't know if they're available for
the 260.

Tom
'67 Mark 2