Re: [Tigers] California license plate sequence

To: 'Tiger List' <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] California license plate sequence
From: Brian Glenn <ora_archy@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2014 21:50:36 -0700
While visiting a Tiger website
http://stevemckelvie.wordpress.com/2012/11/16/the-development-and-extinction-of-the-sunbeam-tiger/

I noted KEP 754 on a MkI.
A little early, but not out of the question.

Brian Glenn
P.O. Box 578
Julian, CA 92036-0578
714.345.9883

B9470208LRXFE GT
B9471101LRXFE
B9472615LRXFE
B382000846LRXFE
B382001212LRXFE

On Thursday, October 16, 2014 8:47 PM, "Teepen, Jere" <jteepen@usatoday.com>
wrote:

My car has OWF xxx, but the plates are not original to the car.  The plates
were original to a Sunbeam Alpine that was from the area where I currently live
(Whittier, CA).  Did the letter portion designate a particular area where the
plates were issued or where the owner of the car resided?

I ask as I grew up in a small town in Ohio (the 60's, baby) and the plates for
the residents all started with SS or ST.  This was the case for many years and
when the plates changed color each year the car would receive replacement
plates with the same letters/numbers.  I am not sure how long this practice was
used and I seriously doubt they still do it.

Just curious,

Jere Teepen