Re: [Tigers] Oil pressure line question

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Oil pressure line question
From: H2Otor--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 21:01:32 -0500
Full-name: H2Otor
My black oil gauge line broke on the car when I bumped it with a  wrench.
Line was really brittle after 100,000 miles and 25 years old.  I  purchased a
replacement white oil line kit from Sunbeam Specialties years ago  and it
had compression fitting on the plastic line not slip on fittings.  Don't
laugh, but I used  a box of black RITZ (sp ?) Dye and mixed it  in a quart
fruit
jar of water and placed the line in the dye and dyed the  plastic oil line
black. I had both ends of the plastic line sealed and left it  in the dye
for several weeks during the winter time and I placed the fruit  jar of dye on
the gas furnace near the chimney so every time the furnace  came on it
would heat up the dye.  I don't know if they sell the same  plastic line or not
but the line is still dark black.
John Watertor