Re: [Tigers] Factory oil filter hoses

To: awtiger@cox.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Factory oil filter hoses
From: "A. C. via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 17:36:44 -0600
Andy, et al,

I am sorry I can't help with your specific question, but I want to point
out a potential problem with the stock set up.

I was doing about 80 on the way to work one morning when a huge cloud of
smoke came from under the hood of my Mark 1. Scared the #@$% out of me!
Turned out that my original rubber oil hose was laying on the u-joint of
my steering shaft and had worn through. Oil sprayed onto the exhaust and
created the smoke screen, but fortunately there was no fire. Just be
careful when routing your oil hoses.

Good luck,
A. C. Tynes
New Orleans