Re: [Tigers] Steering wheel

To: "'Smit, Theo'" <Theo.Smit@garmin.com>, Andy Walker <awtiger@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Steering wheel
From: "e.coiner--- via Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:29:47 -0700
Cc: Andy Walker via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
It has been a long time since  I did this but this is generally what I did.

Pulled off the shroud,  and the nut.

On the side of the telescoping shaft is a dowel pin that is pressed into the
inner shaft and runs in a slot.
The end of the dowel is threaded.
Can't remember thread size.

Screwed a bolt into the dowel and rigged up a mini slide hammer.

Pulled the pin out.
Now the inner shaft and wheel will pull out of the column.

You can support the wheel in a press and push the inner shaft out of the wheel.

Erich