[Tigers] Tigers' various lock cylinders

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Tigers' various lock cylinders
From: awtiger--- via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 16:36:31 -0400
Hey, guys:

Does anybody know right off the top of their head how many different keys a
Tiger was supposed to have?  My car, of course, has the customary array of key
switches and locks (ignition, doors, center console, boot), but each lock has a
different key.  For instance, my car has two keys; the ignition key starts the
car and unlocks the driver's door, but won't unlock the passenger door, the
center console or the boot.  The other key unlocks the passenger door, but
won't start the car or unlock the driver's door, the center console, or the
boot.  Basically, I have no keys that operate the center console and boot locks
(so much for security), and I have two separate keys for both doors.  Has
anybody else run into this situation and, if so, how did you go about
straightening it out?

BTW...I'm now down to waiting on parts from Rick at SS.  All I have left to do
is receive and install the miscellaneous interior panel kit and get the seats
recovered (at the upholstery shop as we speak).  Then, it's bleed the
hydraulics, fill the mechanicals with oil and water, and fire it up.
Hopefully, it'll make all the proper noises once it fires!!!!!

Thanks a million,
Andy Walker
Edmond, OK