[Tigers] Dump the Clutch

To: "Tiger's Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Dump the Clutch
From: Jay Laifman via Tigers <tigers@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2015 11:29:06 -0700

--14dae9cc9c926876cd05214b92d5

I'm reading Mike Taylor's Tiger book.  I read on page 51 that Don Tarbun
got in the prototype Tiger for his first drive ever and "revved the engine
and dropped the clutch.  The back axle hopped so much, I thought it would
explode."  What's with that?  How many people get into a car the first time
and just drop the clutch?  In fact, I don't think I've ever dropped the
clutch, even off the line at an autox - always waiting to make sure the
engine was fully engaged before full power.  Did he intentionally want to
find something wrong with the car?

Or have I been wrong all these years and I should be far more aggressive on
my takeoffs?!

Jay

--14dae9cc9c926876cd05214b92d5

 on page 51 that Don Tarbun got in the prototype Tiger for his first drive =
ever and &quot;revved the engine and dropped the clutch.=C2=A0 The back axl=
e hopped so much, I thought it would explode.&quot; =C2=A0What&#39;s with t=
hat?=C2=A0 How many people get into a car the first time and just drop the =
clutch?=C2=A0 In fact, I don&#39;t think I&#39;ve ever dropped the clutch, =
even off the line at an autox - always waiting to make sure the engine was =
fully engaged before full power.=C2=A0 Did he intentionally want to find so=
se years and I should be far more aggressive on my takeoffs?!</div><div><br=

--14dae9cc9c926876cd05214b92d5--

--===============5904967123641055063==