Exhaust Manifold Gasket

To: "Patrick Bitton" <pbitton@axess.com>
Subject: Exhaust Manifold Gasket
From: David Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 14:39:57 -0500
Cc: "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Message text written by "Patrick Bitton"
>I installed the gasket for the exhaust manifold and noticed that the holes
are no perfectly aligned. I also checked with anothe TR-6 engine and it was
the same. Does it really make a difference if the holes are not perfectly
aligned?
<

Which holes are not perfectly aligned?  If it is the intake ports then you
have a gasket for the wrong year car.  The early and late TR6 heads have
intake ports located in different positions and one must pay attention to
which one you have.

Dave