Oil Filter Leak

To: <jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us>, <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Oil Filter Leak
From: Justin Paxton <justin@bexel.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 17:42:02 -0800
Cc: Triumph Newsletter <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Mine did the same thing.  The filter had a dent in one side so I replaced it
and it stopped. If you are not careful to wipe the ring with oil before you
spin it on, it can distort the rubber O ring as you torque it.  Of course if
you don't use the right one, it'll leak like a sieve.  Moss recommends the
Fram filter.  Call them and they will tell you which one it is.
THX: JP
'59 TR3A  TS40984  "Parts All Over the House"

Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 07:25:44 -0600 From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: Leaky Spin-On Oil Filter
- -----Original Message----- From: James Fowler
<jfowler@mail.southeast.cc.nc.us> To: triumphs@autox.team.net
<triumphs@autox.team.net> Date: Monday, January 08, 2001 6:34 AM Subject:
Leaky Spin-On Oil Filter
 I have installed an oil spin-on adapter and filter on my '60 TR3A. It has a