tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: tr3 rock shield in front of rear fender
From: Dave and Ann Smith <smithd@peak.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 13:02:53 -0800
I had my tr3 painted before realizing that the replacement rock shields in
front of the rear fender (the small ones) don't even come close to fitting.
What the bleep do I do at this point? When I attempt to bend them by
pushing them into place, I am afraid of damaging the paint. Any ideas? My
other current problem is recovering the dash. Whan I attempted to
manipulate the vinyl into the area around the glove box opening, it
wouldn't strech enough and tore, leaving a v shaped gap. As soon as I had
ruined it, I tried cutting but that also leaves a v shaped gap. How is it
done?

Dave