Re: Questions concerning TR4A Body and Trim Combinations

To: jerryvv@worldnet.att.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions concerning TR4A Body and Trim Combinations
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:05:28 EST
Sounds to me like a very attractive paint/trim combination. But that's me
(also a fan of Triumph Racing Green or even Litchfield Green with Red
interior). As I understand it, at various times in the 1960s, and possibly
primarily for influential customers and distributor, almost any paint and
trim combination was possible. There was a writeup some time ago in Triumph
World magazine of a Mk.3 Spitfire in original Black with Black interior,
although by that time Black was no longer catalogued as a Paint color for the
Spitfire.

As for Genser-Forman, they were the Distributor of Triumphs for New York, New
Jersey and Pennsylvania back then, not the dealer. They supplied dealers in
those states with cars.

--Andy

Andrew Mace, President, The Vintage Triumph Register