Re: Newbie

To: Dale Neidhammer <dneid@siliconmetrics.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 22:34:34 -0400
Dale:

Welcome to the group. I'm somewhat new myself. I own a 75 TR6 that I
like very much. They made them from '69 to '76. Each year saw additional
smog controls and safety enhancements which, to some, detracted from the
basic nature of the car. For these reasons, some people prefer pre-'71s,
others like pre '75s because, among other reasons,  of where the front
parking lights are mounted. Several other details are points of
contention. I'm sure you'll hear all of them from other members.

Buying a car that you plan to restore is likely to cost you more than
getting one that someone else has (properly) restored.  It depends on
what you enjoy most and what you're capable of doing in the way of
repairs, body work, detailing, etc. My suggestion is that you buy a car
that has been fully restored, at least at some point, so that all you
have to do is maintain it and enjoy it.

They're great cars and I think they're also very affordable.

Good luck.
Bob
Fredericksburg, Va