Re: Newbie

To: "David Massey" <105671.471@compuserve.com>, "Dale Neidhammer" <dneid@siliconmetrics.com>
Subject: Re: Newbie
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 23:39:29 -0600
>        5.  Does anyone know of a Triumph organization
>            in Austin?

Assuming you mean Austin, Texas, yes.  The Hill Country Triumph Club was
very kind to me when I arrived at their party two hours late, overheated
(me; the car was fine), shaky and jabbering.  They all fawned over my car,
let me jabber, and plied me with cold water until I calmed down enough to
complete my drive to Waco.  The party was at president Matt Baker's house,
which was properly decorated with a Spitfire frame leaning against the back
of the couch.  One of their members, (who was driving an MGB), was kind
enough to lead me to the correct road to Waco.  Two LBC exhaust notes
heterodyned off each other merrily on a Saturday night.  Thanks to all!

I'll have to let others supply email addresses, as I have none handy just
now.  I know you are going to get on famously with these folks.

"It makes a nice noise when it goes faster"
- 4-year-old Adam, upon seeing a bitmap of Grandma Susie's TR4.