Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED

To: spitlist@gte.net, karbuff@optonline.net
Subject: Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:24:17 FILETIME=[8051F060:01C086DA]
Cc: steph71tr6@crosswinds.net, michael.graziano@csfb.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
>From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
>To: Atwell Haines <karbuff@optonline.net>
>CC: Stephane St-Amant <steph71tr6@crosswinds.net>,   "Graziano, Michael"
><michael.graziano@csfb.com>,   Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
>Spitfire list <spitfires@autox.team.net>
>Subject: Re: Spit Carb part missing - WANTED
>Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 16:17:58 -0700
>
>Atwell,
>The point is that the ZS is harder to tune and IMHO not as reliable as a
>good ole SU.
>
>Joe

   Ah, joe that ain't so at all... You aren't using the proper technique.

   My early TR4 came with SZ carbs... The wrong carbs for the car.
   I talked with an expert. He instructed me on the "proper technique"
   for tuning Stromberg Zenith carbs.

   First: Take the carbs off the car and separate them.

   Next: With the front carb in your right hand the back carb in your
         left, walk out of the garage.

   Then: In any direction of your choice throw one SZ carb as far as you
         can.

   Then: Turn your back an throw the other carb as far as you can in the
         opposite direction.

   Then: Go and get SU carbs.
   tuning

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois       1962 TR4 (CT4852L)