RE: Final word on seat belts

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Final word on seat belts
From: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2001 15:00:17 EDT
I've read with interest the posts on the Securon
belts.  I've almost bought them in the past, and
am close again...

In the Victoria British catalog, they list the
backing plates required for cars not previously
equipped with intertia reels.  They say you need
three pair per car.  But exactly which mount points
need them?  The belts look to hook up in four places:

1- where the reel mounts on the floor or fender well
1- at the top of the fenderwell
2- at the base of the seat, like the ends of a lap belt

My '72 TR6 has lap belts, so I assume (there's that
word...) those holes are already reinforced.  And
there's a factory bolt at the top of the wheel well,
that should be reinforced already.  So that leaves
just the mounting point for the reel itself.  Correct?

Should I just buy one pair?  Anybody know the details
on these?  How thick/big?  Will large "fender" style
washers do the trick?

Thanks in advance,
Joe
flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com