Re: [TR] Re: TR List

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Re: TR List
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 21:43:46 -0400
On 12 Oct 2006 at 11:40, TeriAnn Wakeman wrote:
> But it surprises me a little because my site has little or nothing
> about either Spits or GT6's.  Its very TR3 centric.  But yes,
> thanks! ...Not being on the list I haven't received much feedback
> about what people find useful

Ah, I didn't say anything about "useful"!  I said interesting.  I
don't collect kerosene lamps and for several years haven't even
filled, let alone light, the two (non-Aladdin) lanterns we have.  But
your site about them is interesting, makes me want to see one up
close, study them, maybe even own one.  It showed me details which I
would otherwise have taken for granted and so missed something really
noteworthy.  It exudes passion for the subject.  I follow TR (i.e.
non-Spitfire, non-GT6) stuff, for example this TR email list, for the
same reason.  As for anything at all being useful, sometimes I learn
something about TR's (primitive obsolete beasts though they may be)
which carries over to my own more highly evolved cars. :-)  And
anyway, I like to know how things work.

> I put a lot of effort into my web sites and occasionally wonder
> if anyone appreciates the effort.

It is a curious thing about this TR list.  Dave Massey sez it is the
same old stuff.  On a certain level it is, all radiator brackets and
tranny oil and timing chain covers and frame paint color and brake
fluid choices.  But without the human element all of that would be
pointless.  Having fun with the cars, be it by driving or BS'ing
about them or wrenching or showing them off, is the real point, the
whole point.  When someone takes the time to construct a website
carefully, that passion for the subject shows and it is fun to see.
So yes, we (or at least I) appreciate it.

So there, nyah!  And welcome back.  You see what you've started?  A
whole round on the perceived importance of "things", including but
not limited to cars.  It sure beats another round on timing chain
covers!

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com