Re: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings
From: Doug Hamilton <douglasehamilton@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 06 Dec 2009 13:54:47 -0700
> Date: Sat, 5 Dec 2009 19:05:39 -0600
> From: "Greg Gelhar" <ggelhar@earthlink.net>
> Subject: [TR] installing rubber suspension bushings
> To: 6pack@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
>
> To All,
>
> Today, a few local Triumph club members got together to install some
>suspension parts onto a new RatcoTR6 frame. We were trying to install hard
>rubber bushings into the rear trailing arms and the lower front "A" arms. Long
>story short, it did not go well. I'm looking for advice as to how others have
>accomplished this task. I'm not looking for responses telling us we should
>have used the two piece polyurethane bushings.
>

> Greg Gelhar
> 1973 TR6
> 1980 TR8
> Osseo,MN
This has worked for me freeze the bushing over night then dust them with
corn starch before pressing them in.
Corn starch is the white powdery stuff you find inside a lot of rubber
electrical cables. It is also used in a lot of automated assembly lines
as a mold release and assembly lubricant. It also washes off easily when
you are done.

Doug Hamilton
1960 Triumph TR3A
!963 Fiat Cabriolet