[TR] randall and pressure bleeder

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] randall and pressure bleeder
From: Gary Nafziger <nafzigerg@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 21:07:28 -0800 (PST)
Another idea concerning pressure bleeding the brake system that I've used is to
get an old master cylinder plastic lid (for tr-6) and drill a hole in order to
fit an air connection in it.  slip it in and glue with epoxy.  Then simply put
on the lid and connect an air hose to air compressor and blow away. LOL  I
suggest keeping the pressure around 3-4 pounds.  I recently did that but did
find that my brake pedal feel was a little softer than expected.  I'm wondering
if blowing pressure like that does introduce more small air bubbles into the
fluid than one would expect.  microscopically?  not sure.  I'll be bleeding
again in the spring to be sure.

Randall........I've heard of gravity bleeding before.  Is it as simple as it
sounds?  One simply opens the valves and lets it go?  how long?  I might
experiment with that......lol

gary n.

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net