Re: [TR] randall and pressure bleeder

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] randall and pressure bleeder
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 22:49:41 -0800
> Randall........I've heard of gravity bleeding before.  Is it
> as simple as it sounds?  One simply opens the valves and lets
> it go?  how long?

For the front brakes on my TR3, it took perhaps 15 minutes (I didn't really
check the time).  I cracked the bleed valve open and kept an eye on it while
I did other things; once there were no bubbles rising to the top, I closed
the valve.

I don't know that it would always work so well (I had already done the rear
brakes the old-fashioned way, by asking the wife to step on the pedal), but
it sure worked slick this time.  The pedal is high and the brakes work
great.

Randall

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net