PVGP

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net, VSCCA_Newsgroup@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: PVGP
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 12:03:12 -0500
Now onto the really big changes for the PVGP. The Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix in conjunction with the VSCCA will be hosting a 2 weekend one week
Vintage festival of speed.
  In an earlier posting I explained the traditional PVGP in Schenley Park.
Now onto the start of this whole event;
   Track will open at Beaver Run on Friday July 9, 2004 around 2pm. The
track will also be open at this time to the public for free so they could
come by and meet the cars and drivers. Tech will be opened up around then also.
  Racing starts Saturday morning about 8am by groups

Group 1: BMW club
Group 2: VSCCA - slow
Group 3: VSCCA - fast
Group 4: Cars built prior to January 1, 1967 under 2.5 liters
Group 5: Cars built prior to January 1, 1967 over 2.5 liters

  We are hoping to get about 25-30 cars per group.
   BMW club race will be handled under BMW club rules and all inquires
should be directed to them. Group 2 & 3 must meet all VSCCA rules and
regulations. Group 3 & 4 must have full belts, roll bars, kill switches,
catch bottles and the like. Drivers in these two groups must have at least
a two layer suit or equivalent and helmets must be SA 90 or newer. Cars
from Group 2 & 3 may be allowed to run in groups 5 & 6 but not the other
way around, though drivers and cars would need to meet groups 4 & 5 minimum
requirements.
   All group 2-5 cars and drivers will need to be currently a member in
good standing of a vintage racing club or have a current competition
license. Cars will need to have current club log books or other race worthy
proof.

Saturday's racing should start around 8am and go something like this; 20
minute practice by group, 20 minute qualifying by group and 20 minute
sprint races by group.
Sunday's racing should start around 8am and go something like this; 15
minute practice by groups, 20 minute qualifying groups 1-3. 1 hour enduro
race groups 3 & 4, 30 minute sprint races group 1-3

groups 1-3 entry fees will be $200.00 ( clubs within these groups, ie
Sports 2000 or such may charge their own members whatever but we will need
$200.00 per entry to hand over to PVGPA) your entry fee will include lunch
on Saturday & Sunday and a party at the track after racing on Saturday.
  For those with eligible cars for the PVGP in Schenley park the following
weekend secure storage will be available.
  The PVGPA is working on hotel deals and things to do packages for the
week between the races for those who would like to stay. There are
scheduled rallies, parades, shows and dinners all week long.
  The racing is a go and on the general outlines stated. We will fine tune
it as we go along and more detailed rules and such will be available by the
end of January
  Thanks
Ralph Steinberg VSCCA race chair PVGP