Brake caliper replacement

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake caliper replacement
From: pmachold <pmachold@fcgint.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:52:46 -0500
Thanks for all your help on the front suspension rebuild.

I have now gotten to the part where I have to install a pair of rebuilt
brake calipers.  Does anyone know how to determine the proper number of
shims to place between the calipers and the mounting plates?  The Bentley
manual doesn't mention these gems and I am inclined to use the eyeball
method to center the calipers.  Is there a more scientific way and does
it matter if they are not precisely in the center of the rotor?

Also, any tricks for bending those little pipes that go from the caliper
to the hose?

Thanks in advance.

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

Peter Macholdt                    HealthAnswers/ FCG Intl
Vice President                    Suite 503
(215) 321-2360                    301 Oxford Valley Road
(603) 925-3050 FAX                Yardley, PA 19067