Re: FW: "b" post panels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FW: "b" post panels
From: TR6GREG@aol.com
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 08:13:38 EST
Ben, I haven't seen where anyone has responded to your inquiry about your
b-post repair, so I thought I would offer a little advice on the spot weld
issue.  In doing floor panel and rear valence replacement work on my 72
model, I used a spot weld cutter, which you can pick up at most any good
automotive paint supplier or part store.  It works very well, you put the
center pin of the cutter on the center of the spot weld and press and drill
through the weld...very simple and effective.  I would advise that you pick
up several extra cutters, as they are replaceable and you WILL go through
several cutters, as they are very brittle and break easily.  This allows you
to remove panels without damaging the adjoining parts.  HTH

Greg Donegan
72 TR6  CC82492U
Hebron, KY