oil cooling unit and stainless hoses

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: oil cooling unit and stainless hoses
From: RedTriumphTr6@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 10:54:04 EST
Any one out there have experience with the oil cooling kit and stainless
hoses offered by Moss for a TR6?  The complete outfit, with stainless hoses,
is fairly expensive ($355), and I am wondering if one actually receives
enough benefit to justify this cost.  My car does generate somewhat higher
temps with its 9.5:1 compression due to modifications of the valves and head.
However, I only notice that she runs above the half way point on my guage in
the summer, in stop and go traffic, with my air on.  Then she runs at the 3/4
point on the temp guage, but cools back to 1/2 when the car's speed increases
in traffic and venting is improved.  Should I go with an electric fan
instead/both?     Bob Pierson, 74 1/2