Fire wall Bushings

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fire wall Bushings
From: TR6me@cs.com
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:49:38 EST
Mark M,
    I also had the same problem with the bushings. I made a 45 degree slice
in the bushing and then placed the bushing into a coffee mug of hot water out
of the microwave. By doing this it made the bushing a little more pliable,
and a lot easier to work with. I gently folded the bushing onto it's self and
worked into the hole making sure that my cut was on the top side. It will
take some patience and a little screwdriver to get the lip so seat. When you
slide the accelerator rod through slightly lubricate it so that the tight fit
does not dislodge the bushing. Good luck.

Mark Johnson
73 Tr6 CF4872U