TR6: TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6: TO BUY OR NOT TO BUY
From: "Gabriel Ige" <gige@global-merchants.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 14:13:06 -0800
I recently spent a fortune bringing my okay 74 TR6 to top notch condition.
Now a friend is selling a 73 TR6 for a $1000. He wants me t buy it.
Now I want to know if this is a good deal. Let me list what I get: The car
has a very straight body with minor rust here and there, no engine no
tranie, no top, interior is pretty bad, but no damaging rust. The dash board
is all cracked apart, all instruments are gone, definitely needs a new
wiring harness plus all the instrument and gauges. The body is very
straight. Looking at the car from afar, you'll think it al okay.

More to that, he has a brand new head (in one piece), re-bored engine block
still in plastic wrapping, new piston (+030)and rod and  with no rings,
brand new crankshafts, brand new cam shaft, fairly used monza exhaust, soft
top frame, brand new low profile tires (205 65/15), tranie is all apart, the
old carburetors are still there in the  car wit the tank and luggage rack in
mint condition.

My question? Is this a good buy for $1000? Even though it is a big time
project. I want to know that f I decide not to go on with the project, I
will be able to recoup my money.

Help
Gabriel
Proud owner of: