turn signals, carbs

To: "6packlist" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: turn signals, carbs
From: "2000 man" <2000man@eudoramail.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 16:14:04 -0800

The other night, a man in an Intrepid pulled up next to me in my TR at a light,
and he yells out to me, "Lucas - Prince of Darkness!!!". I replied, "that ain't
the only prince of darkness in this car!!". We both laughed and drove away as
the light turned green.
 Well last night I think the Prince paid my car a visit, and now my turn
signals don't work. All my other lights and gauges work fine so it's not a
fuse, unfortunately. Can anyone help me diagnose the problem? If this is
related and/or helpful, my hazards have not worked since i have owned the car.

On another (exhaust) note, i am finding that i have to add oil to the carb
closest to the firewall quite often. i was talking to a guy on the street in SF
about TR's (he used to have a pimento '72) and he told me that it's ovalling
out and that I should get a rebuild kit. I'd take his word for it, but he was a
bit inebriated at the time (friday, 9: pm) and I wasn't sure if he heard me
right or if he really knew what he was talking about. What do you guys think?

Cheers,

Ryan Van Luchene
'71 TR6