Re: New TR6

To: "Ken Davis" <kenjdavis@home.com>
Subject: Re: New TR6
From: Tony Gordon <tgordon@saginaw-city.k12.mi.us>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 00:35:32 -0400
Welcome to life with a TR6! Fun and an opportunity to learn a lot about UK
60's auto technology (luckily, it's all pretty straightforward).

On the rear shock front - you can upgrade to rebuilt levers (White Post, I
think, does them, but others will give you info).  If you go the shock
conversion route -- do NOT ever consider the body-mounted (these are
fabricated housings that are pop-rivetted to the inner fender) conversion
kits that are about.  I have a car that a p/dpo had fitted such a kit and
the damage to the inner fenders is pretty awful.  The kits that include the
brackets that fit to the lever-arm mounting, and also are fabricated to
provide an upper mount for the tube shocks are well worth
investigating.  Although I have read that the rebuilt lever arms are pretty
good -- but having "blown" one apart today autocrossing, I'm seriously
looking to tubes in the near future.

On the filter front - there are spin on kits from the big-3 US suppliers
and Rimmers.  Get one soon, it will have a significant impact on start-up
oil pressure build up.  Others can recommend the correct cartridges - not
all have pressure relief valves.

As a new lister, you may not have come across the archives ... a super
resource:  the 6-pack list can be found at
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=sixpacklist  the more diverse
big Triumph list can be found at
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=triumphs you can search for the
most obscure things on both, and find that many have gone before you.

Enjoy your Triumphing!

Tony Gordon
72 TR6