Re: exhaust fumes

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: exhaust fumes
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 16:56:58 +1200
Hi Mike,

Hmmm, I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I had put it down to
lack of the rubber grommet in the boot well, but haven't quite got around
to replacing it yet to see if that is the answer.

Is your exhaust in the standard place or like mine which exits around the
centre of the car?

I wonder if Dick Taylor has any thoughts???

Cheers
Bernard Robbins
CR1558

At 23:25 7/05/00 -0400, The Brinkers wrote:
>Hello all,
>I have noticed that when the car is closed up (top and windows up) there are
>no exhaust fumes coming into the car.  If I open the air vents, I get fresh
>air with no exhaust fumes.  When I roll the window down a bit, I begin to
>smell exhaust.  Is this coming in from the engine compartment?
>Mike Brinker
>74 TR6

Regards

Bernard Robbins