76 TR6 Manifolds & Driveshafts?

To: "triumphs-digest@autox.team.net" <triumphs-digest@autox.team.net>,
Subject: 76 TR6 Manifolds & Driveshafts?
From: Robert Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2001 20:26:52 -0500
Hi lisTeRs:
    I recently left my exhaust manifold off to my local machine shop.
I've asked to have it checked, planed (if needed) on the face that bolts
to the head. I want to make sure I get a good seal to gasket.
    As I return to pick it up my question is: Should I also have the
intake manifold checked/planed (if needed) for a nice plane on both
faces (head & carb. side) ?
    I have always had my exhaust manifolds checked. Never thought about
the intake manifold?
    Also what are most of the LisTeR's using to paint each manifold?
What color?
    I also am in the process of removing my driveshaft to replace the
universal joints. While it is out, should I seperate the shaft to clean
& regrease? If so, what type of grease should I use?
    What are your thoughts?
    Bob Greene

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rgreene.vcf]