Re: TR6 Rack R&R

To: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>, 6pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Rack R&R
From: Gary & Priscilla Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 16:25:58 -0500
Paul,

The fan comes off quite easily.  You didn't state your year but my '75
has 4 bolts that hold the fan onto the extension and they are easy to
get off.  If the extension has to come off, then maybe you're right.

The rack itself, well, that's another story.  Getting everything loose
is easy; assembly is another thing.

I replaced my rack mounting bushings while sitting in the engine bay
(engine out during restoration) so I had full access to the mounts.
Even then, it was difficult to compress the bushings and keep everything
in the mount in allignment.  The new bushings/mounts tend to slide
towards the center-line of the car as you tighten them.  Dealerships had
a "spreader" like tool which kept them apart while tightening them as I
understand.

I'm not sure about doing it with the engine in the car but know it's
possible.  Someone else can elaborate for you.

Good Luck,
Gary
'75 TR6  Severn, MD
TRiumphs Around the Chesapeake