RE: Manifold studs/brass or bronze?

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Manifold studs/brass or bronze?
From: Phil Buck <PhilB@kxr.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 13:42:41 -0800
Brass/bronze in some respects is a very good material for exhaust systems. I
have used brass studs and nuts where the  exhaust head pipe meets the
manifold on my Stag.

The benefit is that they don't rust like steel and years later they can
still be removed with very little effort. The down side is that they can
strip very easily if over tightened.

It could be that some PO replaced the steel manifold studs with brass ones
from the auto parts store.

Philip
'72 TR
'73 Stag