Re: Manifold studs/brass or bronze?

To: 6 Pack List <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Manifold studs/brass or bronze?
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:01:15 -0500
Dick,

I just checked the studs that I recently got from TRF.  They are steel
but seem to be coated with a thin layer of copper.

The studs on my car, also from TRF, are the same material but a couple of
the short ones   (top row) are beginning to rust.  I think the copper
coating is to provide some degree of rust resistance.  I doubt that any
of these studs were solid copper (or bronze/brass).

Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

>Walt---TRF is correct in that they are different, but only longer, to
>allow for the 'football-shaped' clips that bridge the two manifolds.
>Mine are definitely steel, but it wouldn't surprise me too much if the
>factory used some other material on the early models.
>
>DT
>'73

Peter Macholdt
609-466-2127 Phone