Brake upgrades

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake upgrades
From: "Shane Ingate" <madmax_xx@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 16:23:34 -0500
All,

Has anyone done any significant brake upgrades on their TR6 (or 4/250)?
Significant here means the use of large, ventilated rotors,
4- or 6-pot calipers, and rear-wheel disks.  I already run Porterfield R4
pads and Motul 600 brake fluid, but find the brakes tend to run soft after a
20-minute session.

The brake upgrades (of drilled rotors) offered by the Big 3 do not excite
me.  I am prepared to perform any necessary mechanical surgery to fit big
Brembos, Baer or Willwoods, etc.

If this subject has been beaten to death on the list, I would be most
grateful for any help/anecdotes off-list.

Thanks,

Shane Ingate
'74 CF25186UO