Re: Brake Fluid/2 cents

To: "David Friedlander" <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Brake Fluid/2 cents
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 21:33:13 -0600
I put silicone in my '69 XK-E 11 years ago when I had the entire brake
system redone and all four calipers rebuilt.

Even though I advocate timely brake bleeding, I did not have occasion
to practice my preaching until a year ago when the OE brake booster
died.

The purple silicone that I put back in '90 was still clean and clear.
I had no degradation of brake action and no other problems. In 1996,
the clutch slave died and the entire clutch hydraulic system was
converted to silicone as well.

There is a race formula (high temp) version available, as well.

>From what I understand, the system should be flushed with denatured
alcohol prior to the filling with silicone.

Valerie Stabenow, mga, tr4a, xk-e, tr6