Intake and exhaust manifold torques

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Intake and exhaust manifold torques
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 07:28:34 -0500
Hello Listers,

Many thanks to all that responded.  The responses are shown below for
those of you that asked for the info.

I will update and email a copy of the Word doc to all that requested one.
 You will have to edit some of it to suit your car.  I like to keep my
manuals in the house so I can read them in my leisure time and hang the
Word doc in the garage for quick reference.

Thanks again,
Jay Welch - Abington, MA
1971 TR6 project
1973 TR6 driver threatening to be a project
Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"

==============================

Jay-The 3/8" studs that attatch the manifolds to the head are torqued
20-22
ft lbs. The 5/16" bolts&studs are torqued 14-16 ft lbs. The engine torque

specs are on page 19 in my Haynes manual. Berry

==============================

Jay---The suggested torque settings can be found in two places in the
TR6 Repair Manual. (It should be the same in the Bentley, but I didn't
check) The front section of the manual lists the settings for all
operations. Under 'repairs to the induction manifold' (30.15.02) check
the 'refitting' instructions. If for some reason your copy excludes
this, it's 25 lb.

Dick T.

=============================

I have a bunch of other manuals...
Here are the torque settings listed

[1] Autobooks 826 by Ken Ball, TR5/TR6
[2] Brooklands Owners workshop Manual
[3] Clymer Publication

                                       [1][2]        [3]
Engine:
Manifold attachment nuts           ... 24 to 26

Carburetter equipment:
Manifold attachment nuts (outer 2) ... 12 to 14    10-14
Manifold attachment nuts (inner)   ... 19 to 18    20-25
Manifold attachment bolts          ... 18 to 20    20-25
Manifold to front tube                             18-24

________________________
Corey Sherman
corey.sherman@rcn.com

John,

They are in Bentley's, but not easy to find.  The intake manifold is
listed under "Engine (Carburetter Version Only)" as Manifold Attachment
(15- 20 lbf.ft).  The exhaust is listed under "Engine" as Manifold
Attachment (20- 25 lbf.ft).  They are on pages 52 and 53 of the manual.

Regards,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

Thanks,