Re: Intake and exhaust manifold torques

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Intake and exhaust manifold torques
From: vze2846b <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 17:41:14 -0500
John,

They are in Bentley's, but not easy to find.  The intake manifold is
listed under "Engine (Carburetter Version Only)" as Manifold Attachment
(15- 20 lbf.ft).  The exhaust is listed under "Engine" as Manifold
Attachment (20- 25 lbf.ft).  They are on pages 52 and 53 of the manual.

Regards,
Peter Macholdt
'68 TR250

>Hello List,
>
>Would anyone know what the torque values are for intake and exaust
>manifolds?  I have the Bentley and Haynes manuals but I don't seem to be
>able to find them.
>
>I hope not to bother the list too much so I am constantly updating a word
>document I have created as a quick referrence for this type of thing.
>Your inputs have been very helpful towards my understanding these great
>little cars.  I also make the document in large font so at my advanced
>age I can see it better in the garage :-)
>
>Thanks again for all of the collective knowledge shared on this list.
>
>Jay Welch - Abington, MA
>1971 TR6 project
>1973 TR6 driver
>Member "Cape Cod British Car Club"